To be healthy and active, we must have food in adequate quantity, variety and quality to meet our energy and nutrient requirements. Without adequate nutrition, children cannot develop to their fullest potential, and adults will experience difficulty in maintaining over all health.

Amazingly, the world produces more than enough food to provide everyone on Earth with a healthy and nutritious diet. Yet for some, adequate access to food has lead to large-scale hunger and malnutrition in the world. In 2009, more than one billion people worldwide were considered to be undernourished; this means that one in every six persons suffers from hunger every day. Around a quarter of all children under 5 years of age suffer from acute or chronic symptoms of malnutrition; during seasonal food shortages and in times of famine and social unrest, this number increases. According to some estimates, malnutrition is an important factor among the children who die from preventable diseases and infections, such as measles, diarrhoea, malaria and pneumonia.


At Maximum we have teamed up with the UNSEO Hunger initiative, every time a model participates in our event we donate a holiday meal that feeds a family of 6-8 people.  From last years statistics, meals donated feed 75% went to feed children ages 2-14. Which is a critical time of development and growth, the remaining 25% often feed single mothers and elderly grand parents, and the disabled.  Additionally, our models serve as role models to young girls who often suffer with positive body image and eating disorders. We want to encourage girls nation wide, and internationally to make healthy eating habits and to seek professional help and support for eating disorders.          

aBOUT